14466: Karshan Re: 14455: Nadal on Karshan's responsibilities (fwd)

From: MKarshan@aol.com

Hi Mr. Nadel,

I am so glad you brought up the issue of my responsibilities.  Actually I am
the "foreign press liaison" for the Presidency and am only responsible to
provide information to the foreign press only. (The foreign press, as far as
my job description goes, is the international press covering Haiti.)  As
such, I am not obligated to send anything to the Corbett list.  This gesture
on my part has unfortunately caused much confusion as many people on the list
make inappropriate demands to me both on the list and off the list.   In
addition, many people, as you well know, have taken the liberty to write me
both on the list and off the list, unfortunately expressing themselves in a
manner that prevents their position from being persuasive, to say the least.
Others on the list make the assumption that I have time to read every post
and timely, and then get angry when I don't respond! Sorry to say,
regrettably I never have the time to read even half of the posts!  The
Corbett list is an interest list in which people express themselves and share
information, it is not the foreign press.

Yours,

Michelle