14552: Sanba: Re:14549: Senou: Guess who is exploiting elderly Haitian Parents (fw d) (fwd)

From: sanba@juno.com

Senou has just brought to us an important matter of discussion to say the least. I only wish that he consider also the economic aspect of the behavior.
It is not that he should look for any excuses, but the fact that in Haiti sons and daughters devote their times and meager revenues to help their parents -not to mention the veneration that goes along with it- leads us to a certain comparison.
We can wonder for instance why is it that way, once in US, and look for the range of possible explanation. We will like to see the sociologists at serious, not bias work.