14631: Du Tuyau: Range of policies in Haiti since 2001 (fwd)

From: ViandeMoulue@aol.com

This ain't funny in the reality of the sad truth for Haiti. Everybody opposition say, gouvernement no have policies to make developpement. Is true that true? I ask a person fictitious who close to gouvernement is very close. Person fictitious give me good answer. Here is and are person all questions and answers, as person answering me.

Me:
-What policy gouvernement has for agriculture for long term agriculture so everybody eat sometime with food from Haiti?

Person fictitious:
-500 million dollars from international community they give us!!!

Me:
-Sir, I ask you question. What is real answer? You buy seeds? You help paysans-peasants with knowledge from with agronomist? You do large domain latifundia agriculture. You give big, big tax breaks to investors potential agriculture. What you do please tell me truth all the truth for more agriculture food production?

Person fictitious:
-Hey, with 500 milion dollars, we do marvel marvelously so. You fight for gouvernement for 500 million dollars and everything okay.

Me:
-But Sir, people can't eat 500 million dollars. This money no even 100 dola per person in Haiti with 8 million person-people. Do you have policy for more security, more investment small business diaspora and foreigners? Economy begins with small business Sir, and good climate security?

Person fictitious:
-What you talking about? 500 million dollars from World Bank, IDB, all big banks. That's policy our policy maybe for next years to come. Everybody and Haiti beautiful again.

Me:
-But Sir, Haiti never beautiful before. Anyway sir, you no think other alternative meantime in the meanehile of Haiti going down, down, down?

Person fictitious:
-Hey Du Tuyau, you no help us for getting 500 million dollars? That no good. 500 million dollars is policy for gouvernement.

Me:
-So Sir, for next 3 years, gouvernement no try nothing good creative but only want 500 million dollars? What about all fees you pay from 500 million dollars? After fees, you no more have 500 million dollars. So what you do?

Person fictitious:
-Okay, I no want for talking to you. You no understand. We have central tenet for policy all policy in the initiativeness of things in five - hundred - million - dollars. Beautiful money!!! We wait and waiting all-time-all-the-time for 500 million dollars. You no tell me this money we borrow we have for paying to pay back. But ha ah!!!! The day we get 500 million dollar, all problems resolved!!!!!!!!!!!

Me:
-Sir, all problems resolve for who, you, or country?

Person fictitious:
-Du Tuyau, pran sa-w. Take-it-easy okay. You no friend for us no more?

So I go and say bye-bye to person fictitious because person fictitious only think one thing for all time: 500 million dollars. Person no see that many ways Haiti can still make ends meet if gouvernement try for encouragement businesses small, and security climate in country. Maybe that encourage banks foreign give 500 million.

This, my friendly-friend Corbettian, is sadly sad for Haiti when no imagination from nobody to do better but only think one thing for one thing: 500 million dollars. Now when I go to sleep, I wake up in dreamy time dreams bad dreams, and I see beaucoup green billets, each one write: five - hundred - million - dola.

Keep on dreaming my friendly-friends. Keep on dreaming... 5  100 mil...

Oh, I wake up and I see no money on table or in bed. Sadly sad reality for Haiti only 500 million pain but no dola.