14689: Makandal: Holmstead replies to Edouard on ruling oligarchy (fwd)

From: Olivier Makandal <cyberkismet@yahoo.com>

FROM: Holmstead       <cyberkismet@yahoo.com>

I thought Saint-Vil gave us an excellent starting
point for identifying Haiti's elite that supported the
coup of 1991.

He cited
http://www.ustreas.gov/offices/enforcement/ofac/sdn/sdnew94.txt

which gives a comprehensive list of coup supporters
whose US visas were withdrawn and bank assets frozen
in the US. From there you can take individual family
names and cross reference them over the web to learn
more about them. You can also check to see if any of
those families have filed any US tax return
information over the past few years. I think that
information is readily available.

It's time consuming but if we really worked at it we
could start to come up with a clearer idea of who this
wealthy elite(oligarchy?) really is or isn't.