14732: CLaBas1: computer equipment (fwd)

From: CLaBas1@aol.com

I work for a big tech company in Manhattan, and I was just chatting with our IT Director, Brian.  He was bemoaning the fact that he can't get rid of old, but still quite serviceable, computer equipment.  We upgrade frequently here, and the replaced stuff gets sold for a few bucks to employees, or it's just tossed.  It seems the US non-profit groups are pretty picky about what they take, and trying to sort out exactly what those groups wanted was creating too much work for Brian.  I told him I might have a solution for him.  He was very interested and would love to establish an ongoing relationship with some of the Haitian charitable groups that could put this stuff to good use.

To save him work, if you have an interest in learning more about what's likely to be available email me and I'll pass your contact info on to Brian.  One caveat:  there's obviously no charge at all for the equipment, but Brian can't get involved with shipping it to Haiti.

Christine LaBastille
clabas1@aol.com