14770: Dorce: Re: 14756: Hermantin: Re: 14743: Dorce: Miami Herald (fwd)

From: LAKAT47@aol.com

In a message dated 2/10/03 5:09:59 AM Pacific Standard Time, leonie hermantin
<lhermantin@hotmail.com>writes:

<< Hermantin responds:

 Ms. Dorce:

 I am not speaking on behalf of the Herald, but as a frequent reader. There
 is an editorial board responsible for the preparation of editorials which I
 presume must  reflect the papers' views. The editorials are not signed
 unless they are reprinted verbatim from an external source.

 I know most of these journalists/editorial board members and I can assure
 you that they are serious, consciensous,  ethical and genuinely concerned
 about Haiti and the Haitian people. >>
I guess, Ms. Hermantin, it all depends on your perspective.  I don't think
what was written was balanced in any way, shape or form.  I also don't see it
as doing anything but serving the privileged minority in Haiti.  Your
assurances notwithstanding, my original judgement remains; mainstream
journalism is not much different than the oldest profession in the world.

Kathy~