14810: Slavin: Jacmel Guide Recommendation

From: PSlavin@unicefusa.org

With the Jacmel Carnival coming up, I wanted to recommend a guide: Elysee
"Ailee" Guerrier, [guerrier2fr@yahoo.fr]. I've sent two groups of friends
to Haiti recently and they both raved about Ailee: honest, reliable,
intelligent, easy travel companion, and although he is a Jacmelian, he was
born and raised near Bassin Bleu, so there's no one better to take you up
to the waterfalls. He was also one of my guides when I hiked with
photographer Steven Irving from Furcy to Jacmel, over the Massif and across
Seguin. As the Port-au-Prince airport can be crazy place to meet (or, is a
crazy place to meet), Ailee prefers to meet you at your Port-au-Prince
hotel and he can then guide you to Jacmel -- either in your rental car or
by tap-tap. He's a good driver, too. For first comers to Haiti, you'll
appreciate having Ailee navigate or drive you out of the maze of
Port-au-Prince to reach the south coast and the Caribbean Sea. He charges
US$25 a day per person (of course less for groups of 5 or more), and also
appreciates a good meal. You can make arrangements with Ailee in advance of
your trip, or when your in the country, via his e-mail
[guerrier2fr@yahoo.fr] -- no telephone, yet. Ailee is 25 now and I've known
him since he was 12. Also speaks English and Spanish.

Will be glad to provide other references - Bob, can you pls place this in
your site's Jacmel travel section?

Patrick -- yes I'll post it there.  Bob

Patrick

Did you know that buying UNICEF Cards and Gifts helps to save children's
lives? To find out how you can help, please click on the link below.
http://www.unicefusa.org/cards