14834: Re:14815 Math Jay on minimum wage (fwd)

From: Jepiem@aol.com

I hate to sound like a republican but it seems to me that to keep raising the minimum wage is the demagogic way of addressing a problem of running away inflation. It's like the dog chasing its tail. Never reaches the goal. Where are the needed infrastructure and societal changes that wiil boost production, revive tourisn and improve living conditions in the country. It's becoming like a broken record. Where is a reliable telephone servive for everyone ( not cellular phone for the apparent convenience and the real profit for a few) where is electricity 24hrs a day to allow indurstry and small businesses to function and provide jobs and by the way reduce consumption of diesel gas and decrease the drain on the economy and reduce pollution where are the efforts to improve availaibility of drinkable and usable water to a larger percentage of the population on a more reliable schedule? It sounds good when a poitician says more wage money for the worker, but when the worker can't buy anything with that wage money or can't even find a job to get paid, it's all an exercise in futility that only benefits the seeker of vote and popularity from a populace that knows no better.Math Jay