14857L Archer: FW: The Agronomist (fwd)

From: Merrie Archer <MArcher@nchr.org>

Hello folks,

I just received this info from a friend working on the upcoming Miami Film
Festival

http://www.miamifilmfestival.com/

who told me about a free screening of Jonathan Demme's "The Agronomist"
which, I believe, will also include a discussion afterward with the
director.  Check the website and the blurb below for more information.

Enjoy!
Merrie

Hi Merrie:

Thanks so much for passing the word!!   I look forward to seeing you in
March.

Rebecca

------------------------------
The Agronomist (a work in progress) (free)
Director: Jonathan Demme
USA, 90 min, Color, 2002
Gusman Center for Performing Arts, Sun, Feb 23, 12:30 pm
Regal Cinemas, Mon, Feb 24, 7:30 pm
Haiti! What courage amidst suffering, long denied aspirations of democracy,
rare episodes of progress, and repeated setbacks. The Agronomist embodies
all of these in the deeply affecting and inspiring story of late radio
journalist and human rights activist Jean Dominique, founder of Radio Haiti
Inter, and one of the country's authentic heroes.

Free Radio DISCUSSION: A Voice for the Unheard
Gusman Center for the Performing Arts, Sun, Feb 23, 2:00 PM
A moderated discussion on the role of free radio will follow the screenings
of Something in the Air and The Agronomist ( a work in progress) (free) on
Sunday, February 23. Participants will include the filmmakers and special
guests. These two stations bravely fought censorship and violent repression
to give voice to persons disenfranchised by dictatorship and poverty. This
Discussion is free but will be ticketed. Order tickets for it as you would
any screening.