14977: Marassa: open message to the list about our dialect and why we usin it (fwd)

From: DeSprit Marassa <lwasauvaj@hotmail.com>

Deerest Corbetteers:

We want y'all to know that we ain't imitatin no southern black dialect.
leastways we don't think we are. maybe our good hillbilly friend in Arkansas
we usin as a foil but no racism goin on.

we want y'all to know that we is in an out of our Feyre Hayti regular like.
we gots family in florida that done been harassed by the dirty deluge
[lavalas] group Veye Yo. Judge Gassant done gots hisself harassed for talkin
in florida. maybe there aint no free speechers in flordia either.

we want y'all to know that we gots friends that done died cause of what they
been sayin bout the dirty deluge. we done lost too many people to risk it
anymore. we talks and peeple die or they get disappeered.
so if y'all dont wanna read us thet's fine. we just wants to tell y'all that
we ain't got too many other options so we gotta go this way. we regret it
but we aint got no choice. too much impunity. no justice.
but we recognize that it ain't so simple as them and us. like that Du Tuyau
fella said we gots to look at both sides. otherwise we's be gettin dirty
like the deluge. we gotta question everything.

"Aristide ou la mo" ain't no joke.

qu'est-ce qu'on peut faire d'autrement?

depuis nan Benin
DeSprit Marassa