15008: Haiti123: Press coverage on Haiti (fwd)

From: Haiti123@aol.com

Submitted to Haiti 123*:

After spending many years in Ayiti, one thing always bothered me. This was
the way the American press always seemed to cover events here in line with
Washington's foreign policy on Ayiti.
  What made this even more evident to me, has been the American press
coverage of the Iraq affair. It is obvious to any who see the coverage given,
that the BANDWAGON effect is in full swing. It seems that journalists feel
obliged to pull the patriotic flag over all their coverage, avoiding any
critical analysis of US policy, which gives the coverage a "Soviet flavor."
  To find a balanced view of things, I'm finding that I have to watch or read
what comes out of Europe or Canada more and more.

* Haiti123 is for the dissemination of information, analyses and opinions
regarding current events in Haiti. Haiti123's focus is the information,
analyses and opinions themselves, not the author. In order to promote a freer
discussion of ideas, and to avoid an overreliance by readers on the writers'
purported perspective, Haiti123 accepts anonymous submissions. Authors are,
however, encouraged to cite specific, public, sources for assertions of fact.
Readers are encouraged to critically evaluate all writings on Haiti,
including those on Haiti123, and to take into account the absence of public
sources for any assertion of fact.