15070: Senou: May 18 in Atlanta and a few words (fwd)

From: Senou <senou@yahoo.com>

May 18 in Atlanta and a few words

A Unique Way to start the Bicentennial Celebration of
the first Black Republic in this continent. Last year,
the May 18’s celebration was done without a live
Haitian band, this year we are blessed to have Fuzion,
the newest Haitian Band in town. Also, we have Mr.
Evens Ecclesiaste the most outstanding vocal singer
performing live; he is a proud seven-day Adventist
member, Mr. Jacques Desamours a retired Educator, he
is a proud Christian member. The Blue storm and so on.
They will perform live at South Cobb Recreation center
(GYM) located: 875 Six Flags Drive, Austell, GA 30168
This Sunday, May 18, 2003.
Food at a reasonable rate will be provided by The
Bistro Creole  http://www.bistrocreole.com

My friends, you should never underestimate the
importance of May 18. Our ancestors had shown us, what
we must do to return Haiti back to its feet. Before
May 18, 1803, they were fighting the French army, they
had won many battles but it was impossible for them to
win the war. They understood teamwork. Obviously they
had the same dilemma that we are facing right now.
	At that time, it could have been impossible to see
slave’s owner getting together with a slave for a
common cause. They did it. When I heard people said
that the difference between the Lavalas, the
Convergence and the Opposition is too big, these folks
won’t ever enter into a compromise. I will refer you
only to meditate on the signification of May 18 and I
will tell you that: These folks can reach a political
compromise.
It could have been great for them to reach a
compromise before May 18, at this present moment it
would take a miracle and I believe in miracle. Lance
Armstrong a cancer survivor was given six months to
live, this guy had won the Tour de France three years
in a row and he is expected to win next year.

Whether there is a political agreement in Haiti or
not, we will celebrate May 18 in Atlanta and I urge
you to do the same wherever you live. That celebration
is a sign of continuing hope that you have in your
heart for Haiti’s tomorrow. My friends, whether these
folks decide to enter into a compromise today,
tomorrow or for the next 50 years, the Haitian crisis
is not going to be resolved without a truthful
compromise. In 1994, the players were compelled to
sign an agreement but it was not truthful and they
were coerced and now you are paying the consequences
of your inconsequence.
Today the Ottawa initiative is going to settle that
issue with force if possible and this can be prevented

NB:  Haiti had passed many Flags, can someone send the
pictures or these flags with proper documentation. We
are going to have a booth/Table with each of these
flags and having a trained person explaining to the
children and others why this particular flag was
changed and the circumstances.

Also if you are a Historian or can you talk about that
historical Union and expected to be in the vicinity,
we need to talk. (You are responsible for all your
expenses but we will provide you an audience and if
you have book to sell, CD or anything, you will be
able to do it (50/50 we help each other) also, you
will be the first in the list for our upcoming
Symposium in Atlanta.

Information: hcrinfor@hcronline.org

À la prochaine mes amis,

Joseph Alfred, Educator
Founder/CEO
of
Haitian Community Relations, Inc
P.O. BOX 334
Smyrna, GA 30081
Tel 770-438-9796
Fax 770-438-9178
Email: hcrinfor@hcronline.org
Purpose: Portraying Haiti positively to the outside
and Assisting Haiti in Haiti