15094: Laleau: Re: 15079: Arthur on US use of pepper spray in Haiti

From: NLaleau@aol.com

Dear Thor--As I mentioned in yesterday's post, I was there before, during,
and
after the intervention... "after" included a year working with the UN/OAS
Civilian Observer Mission. If any tear gassing or pepper-spraying occurred
never heard about it. That's not to swear that it didn't occur, but  only
that
to my knowledge it didn't, as I didn't hear anyone mention it in any of my
posts, which were Gonaives (February to July 1994) and Les Cayes
(August-February 94-95). If it occurred in the capital, it wasn't
discussed in
my hearing. During the intervention in 1994, I also never heard of it, and
was in massive demonstrations in the capital where it got pretty rough
when the
FRAPH was shooting at us demonstrators, and the US troops went to block
the
road to Petionville instead of blocking the FRAPH from shooting at us...
nlaleau