15155: Mason: Re: 15142: Longo: RE: 15138: Dailey's Article (fwd)

From: MariLinc@aol.com

John Longo wrote:

"I'm with Pina on this one - Peter Dailey's article really should have been
labeled an editorial.  And when he led off his response to Pina's legitimate
critique by ridiculing Pina's spelling, well, that did strike me as a
particularly scholarly thing to do. Nor did it inspire much confidence in
Dailey's objectivity."

My thinking exactly. Especially when Dailey himself wrote "its" instead of
"it's" in his most recent post.

IF one want to reduce argumentation on important sociological issues to mere
spelling and punctuation, then one must be judged by the same criteria.

(Which, in my case, is quite interesting. I built a rather transitory
Haiti-related career upon spelling.)

An aside to Kevin: Kevin, you may not be the best speller in the world, but I
pay attention to what you say, not how you spell each and every word!

An aside to Haiti's "journalists": If you labeled as editorials a good deal
of what you write in the name of "pure and objective journalism", we might
not be where we are today!

Marilyn

Marilyn Mason
The Creole Clearinghouse