15161: Mason: Re 15158 Vishnusurf; Re 15155 Mason; Re 15142 Longo; Re 15138 Daily (fwd)

From: MariLinc@aol.com

VISHNUSURF@aol.com wrote:

"this discussion has already become quite pathetic. dailey had many good
points to make in his NYT essay. pina did well to take him to task. for once
i agreed with pina in that dailey's essay was hardly a book review. dailey's
retort to pina seemed perfectly respectful, if sarcastic. pina responded in
equally good humor. and now mason finds an apostrophe missing in dailey's
post and sees fit to alert the world in defense of pina?!?!?! how utterly
meaningless and anal is that? does anyone really think that haiti will gain
from this banality?"

That was my point exactly by focussing on the mite vs the log (Biblical
reference) aspect in Dailey's own post.

If you had chosen to read further down into my post, you would have seen for
yourself that I was actually challenging all involved to focus upon content,
NOT mere spelling.

So much for humor/irony being used as a tool for disengagement of people who
want to war on, no matter what!

A question to VISHNUSURF: If the conversation was already soooo banal / anal,
why did you choose to continue it?

Marilyn

Marilyn Mason
P.O. Box 181015