15282: Jacqui: PBS links on Haiti

From: Jacqui <voyageslumiere@haitelonline.com>

I too was disgusted at this report especially the piece about Jacmel. How
dare
they say that as far as tourism Jacmel is a total disaster!!!

All my tourists adore Jacmel and love its peace and tranquility, the
different
styles of architecture, the artisanat and the beautiful coastline outside.

 wonder if the reporter actually asked any tourists or tour operators or
did
he/she just go with a pre conceived notion of what Jacmel would be like.

Well he/she is wrong. Jacmel is beautiful. But once more it stirs up
controversy &#8211; why will nobody from the media point out the beauties
of
Haiti? &#8211; OK so the politics are a problem, but the average tourist
never
comes across this and doesn&#8217;t bother with it &#8211; THEY are not
looking
for that!!

Jacqui Labrom