15316: Voss: GOH contract guarantees (fwd)

From: "Voss, Joseph L." <jlvoss@uhlaw.com>

I'm wondering if anyone has any information with respect to the Government of Haiti's ability and/or success in contracting with foreign corporations for things like infrastructure improvement materials and equipment....  In particular, what does the GOH do when asked for a third party guaranty on its obligations under a long term contract?  Are there other governments (e.g. France or the U.S) that will guaranty GOH obligations as a form of aid?  What about multilateral organizations or NGO's?

Feel free to respond to me directly or to throw this out to the list for discussion.

Best,

Joseph L. Voss
Chicago, Illinois
Email: jlvoss@uhlaw.com

Information contained in this email transmission is privileged and

confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, do not read,

distribute or reproduce this transmission (including any

attachments). If you have received this email in error, please

notify the sender by email reply.