15326: Craig-Re: 15312 & 15306: (Chamberlain) Haitian Influx (fwd)

From: Dan Craig <dgcraig@att.net>

Not only have I heard stories from friends and associates, but I have
also read articles on the subject regularly in The Nassau Guardian (it's
available online); and I have witnessed it first hand since I travel to
the islands periodically.  It seems to be worst on Bimini and New
Providence islands.

The Commonwealth is a developing nation with its own economic concerns,
which have been aggravated by the downturn in tourism -- their number
one industry -- but the situation is truly a sad one.

Dan Craig