15350: Saint-Vil: Re: 15348: A few questions for Du Tuyau elatriye (fwd)

From: Jean Saint-Vil <jafrikayiti@hotmail.com>

1)Was Charles X who collected the ransom a despot or a fair administrator of
the public good? Is Jacques Chirac clean or does he also have some skeletons
in his closets? (why does it matter, right!?)

2) Did the various French leaders who collected the ransom all the way to
1922 have to give the world an account of where and how the stolen gold was
being used? (why does it matter, right!?)

I am trully baffled at how gullible some of my brothers and sisters can be.
How is it that absolutely juvenile and empty white supremacist rethoric
about supposed "black despots" wasting western "aid" can very quickly
distract them and difuse a serious matter of justice such as RESTITUTION and
REPARATIONS. Sad indeed!

Strange also, how "educated folks" can allow themselves to lose sight of the
fact that a few months before the real revolution took hold in Haiti, the
Affranchis were busy lobbying France for their "right" to be just as
barbarically powerful as themelves (i.e. to own black slaves and to live
happily ever after as bonified blood suckers blessed by the Christian pope
and all). Isn't it this moral bankcrupcy which best explains Boyer's
behaviour in response to Charles Xth Zenglendo ordonance?

When to satisfy the ransonmers he closed public schools, the only ones
accessible then (-and-now !!!) to the blacks (those, Dessalines reminded us
before his brutal assassination, whose fathers where still in Africa) - what
was Jean-Pierre Boyer's inspiration?

Is it not historically accurate to conclude that although racial slavery was
crippled in Haiti on November 18, 1803, white supremacy has taken its sweet
revenge as early as October 17, 1806 whith Dessalines' assassination and has
never suffered any serious setback on the island ever since?

Indeed, I argue, that the outrageaous ransonm of 1825 was only a
continuation of the same old practices which prevailed on the island since
1492. The multiple attacks by gun-boat diplomacy which Haiti suffered
throughout the 19th century (France, Germany, England, Spain, U.S.A etc...),
the 1915 invasion and the little talked-about direct Mulatto military
dictatorships that followed the U.S. Occupation and today's dangerous
alliances (IRI, Jesse Helms, FAdH, the neo-colonial embassies, our very own
local Uncle Uncle Toms, our sweatshops mafia) all confirme that nothing much
has changed since 1806. Apartheid rules Haiti and many Affranchis are still
confused about their primary allegiance.

If Toussaint was alive today, who would really stand by his side? Whould the
french even need to send Leclerc to get him?

Jafrikayiti
«Depi nan Ginen bon nèg ap ede nèg!»
http://www.i-port.net/sd-in-j/