15454: Dorce Re: 15436: Raber: 15423: Vishnusurf: (fwd)

From: LAKAT47@aol.com

In a message dated 5/2/03 7:26:04 AM Pacific Daylight Time, P&M Raber
<raber@valkyrie.net> writes:

<< There is a significant difference between the outcomes of the last
 American  and the last Haitian elections:  an independant judiciary declared
 winner  and the loser graciously accepted and respected the decision.  Power
 > transition was done smoothly.  This amazing feat of respect and compromise
 > is one of the reason  the USA are a great country where people the world
 > over aspire to immigrate to.  >>
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I'm not sure what you are saying here.  Are you saying that the opposition in
Haiti should have taken defeat graciously and worked to endear themselves to
the people for the next election?  I agree wholeheartedly if that's what you
mean.  However, I think the American people rolled over and let a moron (with
lots of oil money) steal the presidency.  I also think that no election if it
resulted in Lavalas winning the majority of offices would have been found
legal by the US and friends.  They do not want a populist president in their
hemisphere.  Witness Venezuala, Peru, Nicaragua, Guatemala....

America is a great country to immigrate to because we offer comfort and
opportunity as long as we let our elites have their way.  We have lots of
goodies that keep us quiet with not a thought for who is making our cheap
consumables and under what conditions.  Let them eat cake??

Let's not pat ourselves on the back for what we should be.  Let us see who we
really are in the world.  What is happening in Haiti is a prime example and
I, for one, cannot be proud of my country.  I still have hope for the
American people though.  I hope they do not let me down like the Bush
government has.

Kathy Dorce~