15508: Raber:Re: 15480: Re: 15456: Saint-Vil about President's Credit and Deduction dues (fwd)

From: P&M Raber <raber@valkyrie.net>

Respe Mr. St Vil,

Sorry if I was not very clear.  Mr. Aristide should not take his entire
security force away.  However, is it really necessary for him to be escorted
everywhere by this helicopter?  I have heard the various unconfirmed amount
he spends on his security.  Whatever the exact amount it is in the tens of
thousands $ per month.  It does not take much observation to see that the
upkeep and operating of the helicopter should account for the biggest chunk
of the money.    I had heard about the helicopter and never thought too much
of it.  Then I visited Haiti last summer.  I must admit that the frequent
sight of the thing swirling overhead seeral time a day gave me a funny
feeling in my stomach that this is not right.  There has to be better use of
that money.  If anything it really hurts his image with those trying to
afford the cost of a camionette to get to work or school.

M. Raber