15656: Re: 15613: Dorce back to Marassa to Dorce Re: 15452: Marasa on reparation... (fwd)

From: LAKAT47@aol.com

In a message dated 5/19/03 5:06:51 AM Pacific Daylight Time, DeSprit Marassa
<lwasauvaj@hotmail.com> writes:

<< Marassa just want to know why Paul Farmer actively working on behalf of
 Lavalas. Farmer's writings very strong, in polemic kind of way, but Marassa
 no understand why Farmer acting like port-parole for Lavalas dictatorship.
 Problem is Farmer's books all talk about human rights and how bad Americans
 have use and abuse Haiti for years, all time allowing bad things to happen.
 Example: during Duvalier years, Farmer say how bad it was that ugly
 americans send money to dictatorship despite badness of regimes, how they
 kept propping up and allowing bad things to happen, all while sending money
 and mistreating Haitian people.  Now, Farmer is mad at Americans for not
 repeating same mistake with Aristide. Difference is Farmer has interest in
 Haiti this time. He wasn't around so much during Duvalier. That's Marassa
 beef.  >>
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
You still don't see that if Farmer is a good guy, which you seem to say he
is, and he is an intelligent guy, which you seem to also agree with, and he
is a man who supports human rights, then why do you question his judgement
that he believes Aristide to be a man he can live with as opposed to Duvalier
who had few redeeming qualities?  He knows Aristide.  I believe ideologically
they believe the same things.  He sees (as I see and have posted many times
myself) that if Aristide has not been effective, it is not entirely his own
fault.  I think Paul Farmer is abiding by the wishes of the Haitian people
who voted for Aristide to be their president.  I think putting Aristide in
the same box as Baby Doc is a tactic and nothing more.  This is not your
father's dictator.  (I watch too much TV!)  Maybe it is not Paul Farmer who
is wrong.  In fact, I'm sure of it.
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
>> Why Farmer no try and get Lavalas to get him into other type of
pharmaceuticals to help pay for Cange work? Why no have a speaking engagment
at palais nationale to ask Lavalas zotobres for donation for clinics? Maybe
they agree to let him take a plane toll on route 9 outside port-of prince.
You know, just a small percentage. Even one percent of white powder business
could clear up all of Farmer's financial problems. Then he no have to ask
evil/bad/no nice Americans to give him money. Even better he could start
cannibas planting in central plateau so Haiti no have to import "bars of
soap from Jamaica". Then everybody no worry be happy, mon.<<
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Very clever to put the drug thing in there.  Again no proof but keep
repeating the same junk and it becomes fact.  Farmer doesn't think Americans
are evil, bad and "no nice"  (you are horrible at being Du Touyau, by the
way).  He thinks the US government has caused a lot of damage to Haiti, and
so do I.  America owes Haiti for what they have done there.  The embargo
during the coup years destroyed Haitian economy, such as it was, and it has
never recovered.  Food staples are a prime example.  That nonsense about
drugs is just that, nonsense.  Paul Farmer is not an easy man to slander.
And thank God for him!

Kathy Dorce~