15687: lyall on electricity (fwd)

From: jedidiah daudi lyall <jdlyall@netscape.net>

Interestingly, the delivery of power has been much better since that
attack on the peligre dam.
We get power almost every day on Route de Freres. Tabarre gets 24/24 of
course, but out
delivery up here has been more consistent after the control room was
burned by some unknown
parties. Some people wonder what exactly that was all about.

The delivery is not predictable of course. I have an inverter so two
hours of power a day
is all that I need, but most of my neighbors are not so rich. I don't
watch television on
the batteries but the fan and lights and radio will do fine with two
hours (even one hour)
of charging.

The neighborhood erupts with applause if the power comes on at 5pm or
so, then the
radios some up full blast with konpa and dominican music. It reminds me
of superbowl
time in the usa.