15728: Colds-Fechter: Hatian regugees (fwd)

From: Celesti Colds-Fechter <celesti@pipeline.com>

I hate this country's treatment of Hatian refugees, but like many Americans,
I have expressed my disgust, but haven't done anything more.  Danticat's
piece in Essence magazine has pricked my conscience and I have begun to
email my elected representatives--from local councilmembers and state
officials on up to senators and the president--and telling them that the
barbaric treatment of Hatian refugees in the country that promises "liberty
and justice for all" should cause us to hang our heads in shame.  But I am
only one person.  So I invite everyone on this mailing list to email his or
her elected officials and to ask your relatives and friends to do the same.