15923: Mason: Re: 15905: marasa and restitution (fwd)

From: MariLinc@aol.com

DeSprit Marassa <lwasauvaj@hotmail.com> wrote:

"How about restitution to families of people killed by current government.
Maybe that a good place to start. Maybe madame Dominique start rece[i]ving check
already. Maybe restitution for land taken by current government another good
place to start."

marasa,

Are you saying that between the French robbery of the newly independent
Haitian treasury (200 years ago) and the current Aristide administration, there
have been no other occasions or incidents perpetrated by other Haitian
administrations, legitimate or otherwise (as a result of murder of Haitian Presidents or
"coups d'etat")???

If the current Haitian administration is to be held accountable for its
successes and failures and injustices (and I believe such is a requirement of ALL
who hold political power), be fair, marasa.

How can the failures and injustices of the Duvalier (I & II) regimes and the
"coup years", etc. (just to consider recent years) not also be factored into
the equation??? Let alone the other regimes over Haiti's 200 years of
nationhood???

Aristide (I & II) never got to start with a clean slate!!!

Haiti was already a failed state, long before Aristide I & II !!!

What leadership potential damage was done to Haiti over just the past 30 - 40
years, as a result of the brain drain from Haiti of its intelligentsia, as a
result of the Duvalier years???

What was the economic damage done to Haiti as a result of the theft of State
funds during the Duvalier years???

What was the economic damage done to Haiti as a result of the embargo invited
into Haiti by Haitian clients, who then added insult to injury by absconding
with the equivalent of kidnapping/hostage "pay-offs" arbitrated by the "front
men" for the invading/occupying U.S. forces (Powell, Carter, Nunn)???

Should we be surprised now that Powell would once again factor into the
ongoing Haitian Reality aka Misery???

Marilyn

Marilyn Mason
The Creole Clearinghouse