16011: Mason: One of the original seven identified.

Corbett adds:  Actually I was one of those 7 as well. Hmmmm, who were the
other five?

From: MariLinc@aol.com

Bob Corbett wrote:

"I began the mailing list in 1994 with just 7 people and I don't even know
who those 7 were.  They would definitely have been subscriber[s] to the hard
copy magazine I used to publish called STRETCH.  If you were among those original
7 I'd love to know who you were."

Marilyn Mason comments:

I was one of those 7, Bob.

I was a subscriber to STRETCH (to me the best issue was the one featuring
Charlemagne Peralte) and I first encountered you, your thinking, and your Haiti
advocacy via the soc.culture.haiti and news.current-events.haiti list groups in
the late 80s and very early 90s.

Congratulations on keeping Corbettland going all these years.

We wish you the very best during your upcoming surgery. Get back to health
real soon so that such an "open door" for Haiti can remain open.

It must be a thankless task at times to do the infrastructure and support
staff stuff to keep this list viable. Especially when it can so easily be
interpreted from some posts that this list is nothing more than a tool for propaganda.

There are many who have been with this list for a very long time and who
really care about Haiti. Not for what Haiti can do for us. But for what we might
do to help to encourage a context within which Haiti might finally get to
"breathe free".

Marilyn

Marilyn Mason
The Creole Clearinghouse