16106: Lanfond: RE: 16096: Toussaint and Dessalines-- Action Foundation (fwd)

From: "Lafond, Jean-Ronald" <LAFONDJ@MAIL.ECU.EDU>

 I would recommend that you guys keep in touch with Action Foundation, in
Fort Lauderdale, FL. www.action-foundation.com.  I was invited by the
foundation to present a classical music concert (I am an operatic baritone)
with Haiti as a main theme.  I was joined by classical guitarist Amos
Coulanges from Paris and pianist Liliane Questel,from New York and Brussels.

We closed a month-long festival of concerts, culinary presentations, film
(Mario Delatour's "Roussan Camille, 40 ans après"),art exhibit (Works by
Ulrick Jean-Pierre themed around the Revolution), danse (Aykodans) by
Haitian artists in Haiti and the diaspora. All of this was themed around the
celebration of the bicentenary of the flag.

I was truly impressed by the events, and found out that this organization
works to prevent delinquency in the Hatian youth of South Florida.  They
will celebrate the bicentenary of the Revolution with a series of events in
May of 2004. Wycleff Jean was a guest at my concert.
The foundation is seeking grants towards funding the 2004 events. If you
guys have any ideas please contact me privately and I will put you in touch
with the head of the foundation, Eric Boucicaut.

JRL.