16531: St. Fort: Haitian novelist won "Ouessant 2003"

>From : Hugues St.Fort: <Hugo274@aol.com>

The "Prix du Livre insulaire 2003" in the fiction category has been
awarded to
the Haitian novelist Gary Victor for his novel "A l'angle des rues
parallles".
The novel has been published at Vents d'ailleurs, a French publishing
house.

Among the six writers who were nominated for the final round in the
fiction
category, there were two Haitian novelists : Louis-Philippe Dalembert
("L'le
du bout des rves", Paris 2003) and Gary Victor ("A l'angle des rues
parallles, Vents d'ailleurs, 2003). In total, there have been six Haitian
writers who were competing this year in the five categories : Beaux Livres
(Books about Arts); Fiction (Fiction); Littratures scientifiques
(Scientific
Literatures); Posie (Poetry) and Prose narrative (Non Fiction). Last year,
Jean-Max Calvin, a Haitian poet who resides in Long Island, NY, was
awarded the
"Prix du livre insulaire" in the poetry category.

The fellow Corbetters who read French and who could be interested in
reading a
review of "A l'angle des rues prallles" should check my literary column
"Du
ct de chez Hugues", in the Haitian-American weekly "Haitian Times". I will
have a review of it in the next two weeks.