17039: Senou: Step 1 Creating a National Link (fwd)

From: Senou <senou@yahoo.com>

Saturday, October 25, 2003

Step 1 Creating a National Link

You need to make a move: the ball is in your court. A
basketball in the hand of Michael Jordan may worth
millions; a bat in the hand of Sossa may worth a lot.
Now you a ball in your hand how much is worth?

“Avant l’heure n’est pas, après l’heure n’est plus
l’heure, l’heure c’est l’heure”

My friends, yesterday is history no matter what had
happened, it was beautiful, it was awful, it was
painful this should be behind your back.
You shall never forget history, because it might
repeat itself.  The questions we should all ask
ourselves: What can we do today to improve our lives?
What can we do today to assist our community?
Not because something has never been done before that
we should not try. Each of you has the ability and the
capacity to make changes in your life, in your
community, in your district, in your state, in your
country and in the world.
You are the only person who can believe in you, others
will trust you, but remember a famous quote from a
famous US President “Trust but verify” This statement
was made by Ronald Reagan, others will give you the
benefit of the doubt but at the end you have to prove
it and live by it.
My friends, you are responsible for your own destiny.
The choice you make today will dictate your future,
without any doubt you will be judged by the society
and that judgment will be based solely on your action.
Again a famous quote line from a famous Haitian writer
“Nul ne peut être jugé que par ses pairs” Mr. Louis
Joseph Janvier.

My friends, you should stand somewhere and your
standings are linked to the principles that you
believe in, to your lifestyle, to your family
tradition, and to your aspirations. Each of you has a
goal, it may be unachievable at the present but you
still have one. Therefore, you should manage yourself
and act accordingly to reach that goal. Always believe
in yourself, keep your hope alive, don’t ever look
back; people will stand by you, people will work with
you but you have to give them a Reason to do so.

I thank all of you who have shown some interest in
this endeavor.

Well as we move closer to celebrate our 200 years of
existence, many might wonder why it takes us that
long.  Let them wonder and let them keep on wondering
while we are putting our idea into action.

The fact that you have initiated something does not
mean you have to lead it. Each of you has a keen sense
of what you are good at and in which you can do better
than anyone else. We have the necessary skills to make
things happen at local, state and national level.

In creating a national Link we will have ipso facto a
National leader in the Diaspora. That person with a
group of advisors shall be able to represent Haitians
at the highest level. We have to stay away from
self-imposed leader and those who react too often
emotionally but choose someone base on his/her work
for the Haitian community. That person shall be able
to establish a link between Washington and the
Diaspora and hopefully Haiti as well.

Now it is your turn to make a move: please forward
this note to your folks

1) Are you a member of an existing organization? If
yes, provide the name.
2) Do you have other compatible organizations in your
area that you can connect/link with?
3) How many Haitians in your area and in your
State/Province?
4) Can you create a database of Haitian Professional
in your area, a list of Haitian small business and as
well as a list of Haitians in College in your area.
NB:  FL & NY Include only Haitian Pro and Businesses?
5) How long have you been working with the Haitian
community?
6) If you receive an important info do you have the
mean to send it to the leader of the organizations,
churches, and communities center in your area within a
limited time?
7) What is your nationality?
8) Highest degree completed (not underway) (ex: AS or
BS in Nursing, …) if you are an undergrad please write
down freshman, sophomore, Junior or Senior + Major and
minor.
9) How long have you been working in your current job?
(if less than 2 years please specify if you are a
recent graduate or just relocated)
10) Name/Title and your mailing address and a working
phone Number + a permanent email address.
11) Are you a registered voter?
12) Are you a good listener?
NB: Open to all: anyone who would like to see a
flourished Haitian community in this great country.

If you are the only Haitian in your city or state or
the only one who is fascinating with Haiti and willing
to assist Haitians in the Diaspora and portrait Haiti
positively to the Outside, you are automatically the
representing officer. Please fill out this
questionnaire and send it to Alfred at
hcrinfor@hcronline.org

Joseph Alfred, Educator
P.O. BOX 334