17076: Monsanto: Re: 17069: (Hermantin)Miami Herald-U.S. aid focuses on needs of poorestHaitians (fwd)

From: edner monsanto <emonsanto@worldnet.att.net>

Miami Herald-
<<U.S. aid focuses
>Concern
> about corruption and accountability is a major reason for our providing
> assistance directly to non governmental organizations, rather than through
> the Haitian government.

Why does the USA GOVERNMENT were providing direct assistance to the
Duvaliers ?

Was it because the USA government was not concerned about "corruption and
accountability" or was it that the Duvaliers governances was free of
corruption and strong on accountability?

It's going to be hard to explain to my " pitit-pitit" [grand children]

A retired USN officer.