17123: charles: letters mentioned in 17115 (fwd)

From: Philippe Charles <pgcharles@hotmail.com>

Below are the letters that DuTuyau mentioned in 17115... The suggestions are in
French (...the usual "cut and paste this...") but the actual letters are in
English.

The President of the United States of America, Mr. George W. Bush

The Secretary of State, Mr. Colin L. Powell

Senator Jesse Helms (R-NC)

The President of the United States of America

Mr. George W. Bush

The White House

1600 Pensylvania Ave. NW

Washington D.C 20500

Dear Mr. President,

First we would like to take this opportunity in congratulating you in winninig
the presidency; we wish you and your family every bit of success in your term
in office as we look forward to a promising decade in this nation's history.

On that note, we wish to start by introducing ourselves. Attached are our names
and addresses. We are representative support members of a 15 party opposition
alliance group who is challenging the legitimacy of the Jean Bertrand
Aristide's parliamentary elections of May 21, 2000 and November 26, 2000
presidential elections.

We are in support of Mr. Gerard Gourgue as provisional president to carry out
the process of rectifying the problems associated with the above mentioned
controversial elections and thus set the stage for general elections within two
years.

In addition, we are very much outraged and profoundly disgusted by the over 10
years of dictatorship rule and mis-management and corrupt governmental disorder
by Mr. Aristide and his Lavalas party which has reaked havoc and wrecked true
democracy in Haiti to a point of hopelessness.

Mr. President, another dictator cannot be tolerated within our midst, and
therefore we graciously ask for your support to help put an end to this scourge
and return order and democracy to Haiti through the rules of law.

Sincerely,

Representative Opposition support members.