17137: Dorce: Re: 17127: Vishnusurf: Re: 17106: Lakata47 (fwd)

From: LAKAT47@aol.com

In a message dated 11/5/03 5:37:21 AM Pacific Standard Time,
VISHNUSURF@aol.com writes:

<< for me, all this essay does fis make me now uninterested in reading
kidder's
 book on farmer. thaks to Lakata for posting this and helping me better
 economize my time. >>
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
First, let's get the housekeeping out of the way...my screen name is
LAKAT....not lakata, even though that sounds cute.  Second, I sent this as a favor to
Michelle Karshan as she did not have access to an email service that allowed
her to send without seeming to have attachments, which will not be accepted at
Corbett Central (for viral protection).  When I send a post from me, Vishnu,
you will know it.

I would not like to be the reason anyone doesn't read a book, especially one
about Haiti and one man who makes a difference.  It is not to say that there
are not many who make a difference, there are of course, but Farmer is a stand
out not just in regards to Haiti but in the world.  He is testament that one
man can make a difference.  At huge odds, I might add.  How anyone can throw
stones at him is beyond me.  What, he is too good?  Seems to me a true
intellectual will want to know all sides, just for the thirst of knowledge.

Kathy Dorce~