17185: Dorce: Re: 17092: Loccm: Re: 17089: Saint-Vil Re: 17087: who gains by fueling Rwa... (fwd)

From: LAKAT47@aol.com

<<  Are you saying that the acts that you depict are
 committed by the Lavalas or by someone trying to make the Lavalas look
 bad.  It doesn't really concern me who did it. >>
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
It is bad enough that Haitian on Haitian violence and hatred continues, isn't
it.  But still, it is not only important to know who is doing the dirty
deeds, it's imperative.  All Haitians are not created equal.  And more to the
point, all Haitians are not cut out of the same cloth.  (oh I can't wait to get all
the comments on that one.)
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Is any political group in power responsible in any way for killings,
kidnappings,
robberies, lack of employment, inflation, mountains of trash, infrequent E
D H, roads that are sometimes impassible, loss of tourism, loss of hope,
hunger, injustice and other problems that inflict misery on those that I have
chosen to serve in the last years of my life?   I doubt that finger pointing
by me
or anyone else will correct the situation one iota.
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
It's not about finger pointing but about the age old system in Haiti being
threatened and the lengths to which those in power (not the government) will go
to keep the status quo.  It is quite dangerous for the majority in Haiti to
have people think each side is equal in strength so it doesn't matter which one
is doing the bad things. One side is fighting for their very survival....you
witnessed once such victim who died from starvation, bless his heart.  Have you
witnessed any rich victims?  I bet not.  I think their tummies are quite
full.  The other side is fighting for their goodies.
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
>>They were so involved in trying to find something to eat that they probably
didn't even vote and what difference would it have made if they had tried to
cast a ballot?<<
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Haitian people have died for the right to vote, sir.  It makes a difference
to them.  Why do you think there is a campaign in Gonaives and Au Cap to get
the majority Haitian to go against Aristide?  Because the people have stood by
him for all this time, even though their lives have gotten much worse because
of the embargo.  Still they do not go against him.  If the people were against
him, you would know it, they would make sure he left office, and maybe even
Haiti.  But they do not ask him to go. This is their only chance.  With anyone
else, they will get factories and slave labor.  (Do your worst Lance Durban!!)
>>I haven't given up trying to make at least a little difference but I have
to admit to being a little discouraged at times, especially when I try to get
some routine thing done like buying plates for my vehicle.<<
If the people of Haiti still have hope, how can you do less.....at least you
HAVE a vehicle.  Is that not the lesson they have for you?  Is that not why
you stay there even in hardship?

Best wishes,

Kathy Dorce~