17290: Antoine: Re: 17205: The (Hermantin) Sun-Sentinel-Strokes (fwd)

From: Guy S. Antoine <guyantoine@windowsonhaiti.com>

Having spent nearly half of my life in Cap-Haitien, I am still trying
to remember the location of "the dirty river that traverses this city".
Could someone please help? (I must be getting older than I thought.)

Guy S. Antoine
http://haitiforever.com

From: leonie hermantin <lhermantin@hotmail.com>

Strokes

By Evelyn Knowles
Special Correspondent

November 9, 2003

Cap Haitien, Haiti · Jerome, 11, had never been in a swimming pool before.
The closest he had come to a swimming lesson was being tossed by
well-meaning parents into the dirty river that traverses this city.