17348: Labrom: re 17337 re trees (fwd)

From: jacqui Labrom <voyageslumiere@haitelonline.com>

What I don't understand is, that last year when I went to the Grand'Anse
(Jeremie and out to Anse du Clerc) every third house on the road was making
charcoal, and yet the whole are was beautifully green and forested. We
couldn't get over how beautiful it was.  When I asked about this at the
lovely Beach hotel they said it was because in the Grand'Anse area they cut
down the branches and not the trees!!! Duggghhhh!!! Makes sense doesn't it.
I said I don't know why they haven't told the rest of the country!

Jacqui Labrom

VOYAGES LUMIERE

email: voyageslumiere@haitelonline.com

Look at our website: www.voyageslumierehaiti.com

'Journeys for the enlightened traveler'
'Voyages pour le touriste éclairé'
'Los viajes para el turisto iluminado'

Office/home numbers: (509) 249-6177/557-0753