17371: JHudicourt: bird book in Creole -- Corbett adds

From: JHUDICOURTB@aol.com

There is also a bird book in Creole by Roger Nelson  which gives more
details
about where in Haiti the birds are found.  It is in the old spelling and
would
be a great book to re-edit.  When I bought it was at Bon Nouvel and at a
Craft
Shop in Petion-Ville called Fleur de Cannes.

===================

Corbett adds:  There is also a CLASSICE book in English:

THE BIRDS OF HAITI AND THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC.  By:  Wetmore, Alexander
and Bradshaw H. Swales.  From Washington, DC: Government Printing Office,
1931.

The Smithsonian then publised several additions to that book.

Also:

I have a magnificent copy of THE BIRDS OF HAITI AND SAN DOMINGO by
Charles B. Cory.  Boston:  1884.  This is a huge book, about 2 foot by
1 1/2 foot in FOUR VOLUMES and has huge full page color HAND PAINTINGS of
these birds.  A fantastic set of books.  Needless to say, I do keep that
set in my "rare books" collection.

I've never had access to a scanner that could scan such large pages.

Bob Corbett