17450: Breguet: Re: 17446: Dorce:Re: 17397: racine125@aol.com: Race Hatred and the $22 bill... (fwd)

From: martin breguet <breguetmartin@hotmail.com>

No one "forced" Haiti to pay that amount of money to France.

France asked for it and Haiti was dumb enough to accept ! I am sure if England
would have asked the USA to pay a big amount of money, the americans would have
just laughed in their face and told them :"F#ck off !!! We won the independence
war, we won't pay a dime!!!"

-Have you ever heard of another ex-colony who got tricked so easily ??? No one
wins a war and accept to pay money to the losers !!! Maybe Toussaint,
Dessalines, Christophe and Pétion won the war, but after them, their successor
"lost the peace" !!!

The then president paid to have the embargo lifted. So what, he got fooled, he
got tricked, he paid, but after all, the embargo was lifted, so in a way, he
received what he paid for !

Today, Haiti as a nation is facing real problems, and it won't serve people's
interest to demonize french or white people, quite the opposite !

-Why do you guys think the Dominican Republic is doing so much better than
Haiti ???

-Because it opens its arms wide to foreigners !!! Spanish, Canadians,
Americans, French, Italians, they come, they buy land, they do business, they
get married, it creates a healthy atmosphere, which is of course not perfect,
but is a more fertile soil for business and open-minded people.

Just a few words from a "blan" who is (forever) in love with Haiti...