17887: Nesin: Query: Lina Mathon Blanchet

From: Bnesin1@spelman.edu

Hello Corbet readers,
Can you please post a query for information about Lina Mathon Blanchet?  I
am
working on a painting about her, and would appreciate contact from any
family
members or those who may have known about her professional career. (She
was a
first cousin of my mother's and I do have some fond memories of her when I
was
a child in the 1950's.)   I would particularly like to determine what
influence
she may have had on Katherine Dunham, or if it was vice versa.  Please
contact
me as soon as possible at <batyat@yahoo.com>

Sincerely,

Barbara Nesin