17919: Lyall on St. Marc Hilltop Fort -- Corbett adds

From: j.daudi lyall <postmaster@lyalls.net>

Brother Corbett has mounted to that fort. I haven't, but have looked
at it many times. lots of folks in St Marc don't even know that it is
there. It was a british fortress during their occupation apparently.
There are a bunch of cannons beside the road on the north end of st
Marc, presumably commemorating Toussaint's assault on St Marc.

Corbett adds:  Yep, I did trapse up that hill on a very hot day, and when
I got back down the Prestiges tasted even better.  But, I had no idea of
the name of the fort!

Bob

--
J.David Lyall, or