17933: Labrom: re 17918 Kedar's book (fwd)

From: jacqui Labrom <voyageslumiere@haitelonline.com>

Well this new one of Daniel Kedar's has now got historical information in -
although I want to check something out.
Has anyone heard that Fort Navidad which the Spanish formed after the
shipwreck of Santa Maria - is near Limonade?  Do the dates check out when
you consider C.Columbus landed at Mole St. Nicolas which is a long way from
Limonade.

Also just to let everyone in Haiti that there is a great Exhibition at the
Musée d'Art (opposite the French Embassy) regarding the History of Haiti.
(Entry 15 gourdes)  There are some great paintings of famous heroes of the
Revolution and special Events at that time also.

One person who figures quite a lot in the paintings is someone I confess I
hadn't read or heard about before - Capois La Mort - I'm ashamed that I
don't know who he is. Can someone please let me know who he is as I would
like to include him in my tours.

Jacqui Labrom

VOYAGES LUMIERE

email: voyageslumiere@haitelonline.com

Look at our website: www.voyageslumierehaiti.com

'Journeys for the enlightened traveler'
'Voyages pour le touriste éclairé'
'Viajes para el turista iluminado'

Office/home numbers: (509) 249-6177/557-0753