18043: Whitcomb: e-mail with virus (fwd) Corbett adds

From: Beverly Whitcomb <pchefbev@yahoo.com>

Hi, Bob,
  Someone has used your address and sent an e-mail to the Haiti list with an attachment tht has a virus.  Yahoo did not permit it to be opened.

Beverly Whitcomb

=============

Corbett adds:

Many people have sent me similar notes.  Some things to note:

1.  I NEVER NEVER NEVER send out e-mail with attachments. Never.

2.  The e-mail address bcorbett@netcom.com hasn't been used by me
	since before June 1999 when netcom went out of business.

3.  I NUMBER every post.  If you have any doubt, and have any prior
	messages from me, see if the one you have doubts about
	in next in order numericall.

I have no idea who sent the virus-infected e-mail, but it simply wasn't
me.  Every piece of mail from me has the number in order and all those
are legitimate and in place.

Now, what I don't understand, quite, is how the message went to the list.
Our webmaster assures me that I am the only person who can post to the
list.  But, I guess WEbster U.'s system can be compromised.

Bob Corbett