18218: Holmstead: Re: 18196: (Chamberlain) Student death (fwd)

From: John Holmstead <cyberkismet2@yahoo.com>

The problem is not that it was not corrected as is
appropriate in this case, the problem is that his
initial report mirrors direct accusations made by
Andre Apaid on Radio Vision 2000 hours earlier. While
the correction is wonderful it still reflects a clear
deference to sources on the part of this particular
journalist. And I am sure you understand that
corrections rarely carry as much weight as initial
reports, particularly when you have an organization
with the resources of the 184 predisposed and prepared
to tout the hell out of it. I am afraid everyone on
that end got caught with more than a little egg on
their faces this time around. Still the correction was
nice and should be given equal weight.

Cheers,

John