18602: Simidor clarifies (fwd)

From: Daniel Simidor <karioka9@mail.arczip.com>

 The worse I’ve done was to call Guy Antoine a “nice guy” and to refer to
 him once on the Corbett list as a “Soup Joumou liberal.”  I met the
 fellow once, I don’t know him well enough to “HATE” him.  I certainly
 don’t waste time obssessing about all the lavalassiens I know.  But when
 it comes to being an “independent observer,” I wanted Antoine to at least
 own up to his personal and political affiliation with a high Lavalas
 official who is also a close personal friend of Mr. Aristide.
 Transparence oblige.

 The same thing is true with the Haiti-Progres people.  I think I have a
 rather cordial relationship with the ones I know, but is it slander to
 say that the same Haiti-Progres that organized a pro-Lavalas rally in NY
 today cannot be seen as an independent observer or newspaper?  The
 KOZEPEP case is even more absurd.  Only people who don’t know how much
 work goes into forming one gwoupman (cell) can seriously believe that
 Preval (“Preval ak Titid se Marasa”) and Dominique could have built this
 huge peasant organization that would rival Tet Kole and even MPP in the
 space of less than 2 years.

Daniel Simidor