18993: Rowley: Learning Creole (fwd)

From: Don Rowley <don_rowley@yahoo.com>

I've been struggling with the Kreyol language for a
couple of years now. I live in Baltimore MD and there
isn't a school closer than DC that teaches the
language. Also there are few if any Haitians or others
who speak the language to help me or for practice.
Another friend suggested "The Pimsleur Approach" which
he used to learn Japanese and 2 Indian Dialects. Has
anyone on the list had exposure to this method? Was it
effective?

I would appreciate any input you can give.

Mesi Anpil,
Don Rowley
Associate Director
Hope International, Inc.