20011: Dorce: Re: 20008: (Chamberlain) Africa-Aristide Exile (fwd)

From: LAKAT47@aol.com

<< From: Greg Chamberlain <GregChamberlain@compuserve.com>

    By DANIEL BALINT-KURTI

    BANGUI, Central African Republic, March 7 (AP) -- Authorities in the
 Central African Republic on Sunday read a statement from exiled Haitian
 President Jean-Bertrand Aristide saying he's being "well-looked after" and
 will personally address reporters at an unspecified and "opportune time."
    Central African Republic Foreign Minister Charles Wenezoui read the
 statement he attributed to Aristide from a small card handed to him by
 Aristide's wife, Mildred, in front of the press. >>
I want to see him with my eyes.  I want that delagation who risked their
lives to go to the Central African Republic, including our own Kim Ives,  to see
him, talk to him and make sure he is alive and stays alive.  I am worried sick
over it.  If he resigned, why is he a prisoner?  Why can't we see him?  Why
can't he send his own messages?  Do you realize what it will mean if he is not
alive?  Do you see what that means about the US government?  There is shame
enough to go around now, but if Aristide is assassinated it will be a ticket to
hell for those responsible, and there are many.

Kathy Dorce~