20071: Leiderman: dispel cynicism (fwd)

From: Stuart M Leiderman <leidermn@cisunix.unh.edu>

with respect, cynicism was not on my mind in proposing roles for
Haitian-Americans in the current crisis.  I meant that many who can be
influential may not lift a finger, and that others who have little
resources or influence may nonetheless be ready to follow honest leaders.

the remainder are those who could take the initiative to shape a crisis
response -- in the U.S., by raising the visibility and electoral force of
2+ million citizens; in Haiti, by framing nationwide policies, programs
and safeguards.

I have a gathered a list/directory of hundreds of humanitarian and
environmental NGO's who probably represent thousands of non-Haitian
workers and volunteers and millions of dollars of investments in Haiti
every year.  I believe they are waiting for someone to knit them into a
more secure arrangment for continued work in Haiti.  I think this could
be facilitated by unified Haitian-Americans.  don't let these lifelines
slip away.

thank you,

Stuart Leiderman
leidermn@christa.unh.edu