20285: Vedrine: RE: 20210: DeGraff: Pacific News Service: "Youth Reporter Phones in Story From Haiti" (fwd)

From: E Vedrine <evedrine@hotmail.com>

A great problem of SELF DESTRUCTION in Haiti that we've seen so far; a
vicious cycle. That has been going on since Dessalines to post Aristide. I
guess this an important issue to be addressed by all leaders in Haiti (who
been behind it also). Recently, someone was telling me a REAL story that
happened in Feb. 1986 during the DECHOUKAY period. A group of ROULEAU
COMPRESSEUR (dechouquers0 burned down a Pharmacy with the name of PHARMACY
DE BEAU LIEU (sth. like that), right away the angry group associated it with
Serge Beaulieu. Some hospitals /clinics were burned down during that time
(1986) and the recent hospitals' looting (2 weeks ago) proved that nothing
was done to change that 'koupe tet boule kay" mantality. I'm pretty sure
that Haitian leaders (either on the left /right) have the same mentality
("We must destroy their enemies' properties"), but that's even outrarageous
when these crazy people have to destroy HOSPITALS (with innocent sick people
and children). Is this part of Haitian Civilization? If have not, let's
discuss this issue that threatens everyone, destroying our own country,
let's try to have a big campaign to educate the people, let's tell the
leaders in power that these silly things can't go on for ever and they MUST
do something /that they must punish those are doing it. Whenever that
happens, it's clear that those in power DON'T DO THEIR JOBS, so in  a way
they are responsible.

ev

Create a Job Alert on MSN Careers and enter for a chance to win $1000!
http://msn.careerbuilder.com/promo/kaday.htm?siteid=CBMSN_1K&sc_extcmp=JS_JASweep_MSNHotm2