20297: (Chamberlain) re: 20290: Vishnusurf: Re: 20271 Philosopher (fwd)

From: Greg Chamberlain <GregChamberlain@compuserve.com>

> VISHNUSURF@aol.com wrote:

> Interesting move. I wonder whom the americans can send in a like role.
> Chomsky, would be a fine choice, but instead we'll probably wind up
> sending Bill O'Reilly.

I wonder how useful it would be to have Chomsky there.  He seems to have
made up his mind about Haiti long ago according to some pretty rigid
ideological baggage.  Not the guy you want when new thinking and openness
are what's desperately needed, as Neely and Pershing rightly point out.
Régis Debray is a better bet and seems to have a more open approach these
days.

The Julia Roberts visit was very unfortunate.  She was quite out of her
depth and quickly became hostile to the media covering her visit -- even
though that was the whole point of her visit, to generate publicity for
Haiti's plight.

        Greg Chamberlain