20463: Kakadjab: On Haiti's Boneheaded Exit from CARICOM (fwd)

From: Kakadjab@aol.com

On Haiti's Boneheaded Exit from CARICOM (3.33 / 3) (#14)
 by Al Giordano on Mon Mar 15th, 2004 at 08:34:19 PM EST
 (User Info)
 Wow. This erratic, irrational, behavior by the Haitian
Dictator-for-four-days-and-counting Gerard Latortue is really interesting to watch.

 First he shuts down diplomatic relations with Jamaica, his country's most
historic ally.

 And over what? Allowing a free citizen, Jean-Bertrand Aristide, to visit
with his wife and daughters there.

 So unconfident is he in his own people: If he really feels that hearing that
Aristide is 100 miles off his coasts will destabilize his coup-installed
regime, he understands very well that he governs without a mandate, and he admits
that he is... let me spell it right this time... I-L-L-E-G-I-T-I-M-A-T-E.

 Now, based on the action of just one of 13 Caribbean nations, a
humanitarian, democratic, legal, and honorable, action - allowing a free citizen to travel
there - he alienates the entire CARICOM (Caribbean Community of Nations)
roster!

 This guy is mentally deranged. He is not fit to govern. This is going to be
interesting, and perhaps even fun, to watch him unravel.