20508: Saint-Vil relays Urgent Call for Immediate Human Rights Monitoring in Haiti (fwd)

From: Jean Saint-Vil <jafrikayiti@hotmail.com>

Below is the english translation of yet another desperate cry for immediate
human rights monitoring in Haiti.  It was launched by Haitian activists who
claim being actively hunted down by the current de facto rulers in Haiti
(including foreign military personnel).

Can NCHR (National Coalition for Haitian Rights), Aminsty International, Haiti
Support Group please confirm, verify or deny these grave allegations sent by
someone who claims to be on the ground in Port-au-Prince. (see also Ann Pale
forum of www.haitiforerver.com).

Here is the text...

"On Thursday (March 11) they shot at the demonstration we organised in front of
the national palace.

Friday evening (March 12) the ‘whites’ went up to the Bèlè neighborhood where
they killed more than 16 people. They arrested a whole bunch of others whose
whereabouts remain unknown to this very moment.

Today, Sunday (March 14) , from what I have learned, these folks picked up
several young men who belonged to ‘Rene Civil’s group’. They got hold of them
in Dèlma 75, St-Martin Street, Tiremasse St. and in Bèlè. Right then and there,
they placed a black bag on their heads and up to this moment no one knows what
has become of these young men.

Please, what is the most important priority at this juncture of the struggle is
to have a human rights organization present to help protect the activists and
to find out where they are taken after arrest. Especially in situations where
no trace of their whereabouts can be found. It is too ugly to observe how the
(Haitian) people have now begun to drop and lose their lives. Do all that is in
your power to do in order to establish contact with a human rights organization
to come defend people engaged in the struggle. For now, that’s what activists
need the most in order to maintain the struggle alive. If every time they take
two or three among us, we are not even able to find out what they have become,
the struggle will get even more difficult. What we need is a strong
organization so that that, when we do not manage to find the arrested
activists, we can inform that organization so they can seek to uncover what has
become of the arrested activists.

If we have strong people in a human rights organization, it will become easier
for the struggle to continue. We have nowhere to address complaints against
those who are now running things in the country.

Please comrade, do this as soon as possible so that we do not lose this fight.

Please, we need an organization to inform the people about what they are doing
to so many good people an d, in particular if they are jailed, to ensure they
are defended so the struggle might continue.

Friday (March 12) they shot at us. They killed more than 16 people. Those they
have arrested, no one knows what they had done (to) with them.

Please do not sit on this request. Many thanks comrade."

It would be important to circulate such cries for help to Amnisty
International....surely there must be members of this and other human rights
organizations reading this message.

There must be witnesses to what is really happening in Haiti today. We can't
afford to simply let things go and feign surprise months later when the first
stories will undoubtedly begin to surface.

I cannot verify the veracity of the claims made above but surely, a human
rights organization present on the ground can only help truth, justice and
peace. And unless the occupying forces have something to hide, they should be
willing and able to cooperate with human rights organizations seeking to
elucidate such matters.

Jafrikayiti

«Depi nan Ginen bon nèg ap ede nèg!»
http://www.jafrikayiti.com

Powerful Parental Controls With MSN Premium Get 2 Months FREE*